To lead a team of ME Engineers to drive for workcell, First Pass Yield and downtime and improvement on OEE.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead and administrate the Manufacturing Engineering organization within the workcell
o Staff the workcells to meet the goals and objectives of the workcell. Maintain a good cross-training program and a strong succession plan to accommodate changes in business needs.
o Communicate expectations of individual job responsibility, objectives, goals and mission of the department. Hold periodic meetings to review performance result, current objectives, and future direction of the department.
o Ensure that employees are given proper training, tools, and resources to execute their responsibilities. Develop, motivate, and challenge employees to perform to their full potential.
o Provide employees with frequent and timely feedback and performance reviews that are quantitative and qualitative based on measurable objectives, general work attributes, and skills development. Recommend salary increase and job status changes based on their performance.
o Participate in workcell related indicator such as scrap , OMI, DPM , WIP , MOR and conversion .
o Enforce teamwork within the ME function and inter functional within the workcell thus creating a better environment in the workcell.
o Develop and implemented new process and equipment for the workcell by aligning the customer needs and technology.
· Support the Operation’s business development effort with current and potential customers.
o Assure the ME staff is trained in the Quotation process to administrate quoting activities that yields complete, accurate, timely, “world-class” quotes.
o Involve in new business /NPI meeting /audits with customer to ensure the ME/process capability and strength is well presented
· Support the development and implementation of ME strategies and systems
o Ensure Operation’s execution to Jabil ME strategies.
o Support the development of Jabil ME strategies and systems. Obtain feedback from customers and workcell .Collaborate with Jabil AMT and SME and suppliers to develope ME solutions that improve overall performance and service levels.
o Support customers’ business needs using Jabil’s standard processes where possible and customized solutions where necessary. Influence customers in order to leverage Jabil’s Best-in-Class solutions.
· Optimize the overall process and ensure that all metrics are measured for improvement
o Execute ME functions according to the business objectives and policies & procedures. Continuously improve efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness of the functions. Drive down overall cost of manufacturing including cycle rates, head counts, administration expenses, material scrap and poor test yields due to manufacturing related defects.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Plus 2 - 3 years of supervisory experience.
· A combination of: 3 - 5 years of related experience (PCBA & Box Build) in the electronics manufacturing industry.
· Extremely strong skills with proven track record in communication, leadership, business analysis, process development, administration, and change management are required.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.