• Support attainment of key business metrics through the provision of engineering support for value stream processes.
• Elimination of safety and quality risks in the process through the delivery of robust engineering solutions.
• Manage costs through the delivery of scrap, reprocessing and consumable projects.
• Design & develop tools, fixtures, gauges and special equipment for manufacturing operations in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and outside vendors.
• Develop stable and capable manufacturing processes through a structured process development approach.
• Preparation of all relevant manufacturing specifications. HS&E
• Actively promote a safety culture.
• Manage contractors / vendors working on site to ensure full compliance with site safety requirements.
• Ensure production equipment meets all relevant national and J&J Health, Safety and Environment requirements through completion of required assessments and documentation.
• Competent in validation requirements for new consumables / materials and process changes.
• Updates and maintenance of manufacturing specifications for process steps.
• Ensure timely closure of quality actions such as Audit Actions, NCR’s, CAPA’s.
• Ensure all process development, validation, etc. is managed in accordance with the Quality management system.
• Support day to day operations through attendance at pulse walks and the timely closure of actions.
• Root Cause Analysis and implementation of robust solutions to supply and quality issues as they arise through tools such as 8D and Six Sigma.
• Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities ensuring projects are delivered to agreed timelines.
• Manage the consumables budget for the assigned value stream identifying opportunities for cost reduction and managing the delivery of savings.
• Lead scrap reduction within the value stream through a structured approach to data capture, analysis and problem solving.
• Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the department’s continuous improvement program.
• Provide process input into the value stream mapping process which is used to develop the business plan for the value stream.
• Determine equipment layouts for manufacturing cells using Lean Manufacturing tool as identified.
• Actively interface with cross-functional team members, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating and project requirements.
• Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the Engineering team.
• Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioral Standards based culture within the Engineering team.
• Work with Team Lead and/or Manager to develop and implement strategic engineering Goals & Objectives.
• Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives.