***Note: This role is strictly Ohio-based, working from home and traveling on demand to customer sites in Clyde and Marion*** SIGN-ON BONUS eligible
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The onsite customer technical support must clearly understand, communicate and lead problem solving initiatives for root cause analysis as well as recommend corrective and systemic actions for all quality or testing related issues reported from the customer. Will also provide technical support for CAL ( customer assurance lab) reports at the WP sites for which the position is responsible. Must also provide guidance to the teams at the Jabil sites on the activities that will result in improvements for PPM levels and CAL / CAR elimination
- Responsibility for effectively negotiating with customer quality and testing problems that are not Jabil responsibility in order to prevent unjust effect on the WP SQRR (Supplier Quality risk rating)
- Responsibility to contribute and collaborate with the Jabil and WP teams in order to maintain green level on SQRR for the sites under his responsibility.
- Responsibility for providing the proper information and evidence to support the resolution of Quality problems presented in the Customer’s sites related with the Jabil Process from the Test and Quality perspective.
- Actively participate in global workshops.
- Participate actively on the global Quality committee in order to understand the lessons learned in other regions.
- Understand and contribute to continuous improvements on PFMEA.
- When required assist in build or manufacture of temporary benches, testers or fixtures required to perform sorting solutions for specific problems.
- In conjunction with the Test and Quality Engineers strive to consistently upgrade the test and Manufacturing process with consideration to balancing cost.
- Works closely with the NPI program to support activities of safe launch. He/ She will be responsible for coordinating the new product introduction with the customer.
- Coordinate the sorting activities and other containment activities at the sites.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Expected to manage daily communication with customer sites and to translate customer concerns and requests for information to the Jabil sites in a timely manner.
- Expected to review with the customer daily line fallout and propose actions to mitigate such fallout and to communicate to the Jabil manufacturing site regarding improvements for the process.
- Responsible to track and follow customer and manufacturing plant issues to effective closure.
- Must coordinate sorting activities when required including procurement of human resources, procurement of equipment, design and development of work stations, development of work instructions, training of operators, and proper execution of material movement.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school, Electronic technical diploma required.
- Plus 3 or more years experience troubleshooting to a component level using schematics or hardware specs and essential Quality tools like 8D, Paretos, RCA, painter chart, CPK, etc.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Ability to travel to customer sites on demand
- Language, English 100%. Spanish Desirable.