Performs complex inspection procedures on all types of circuit boards (medium to large, complex double-sided) and assemblies to ensure quality levels are met at pre-ship and at the final stages of production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Makes intricate visual inspection of complex pre-ship and/or finished production assemblies and sub-assemblies to ensure conformance with quality standards.
- Verifies correct machine set-up prior to running assemblies.
- Selects and reads appropriate documentation from a broad range of reference materials.
- Selects inspection method (such as first article checks, sampling, or 100% inspection).
- Applies knowledge of electrical principles and interpretation of Jabil Quality Control Standards in determining pass/fail of inspected part or assembly.
- Accesses customer quality inspection systems via computer, communicates with customer regarding inspection and quality issues, and conducts Post Pack Audits and Direct Fulfillment in-process Inspections.
- Determines cause and effect of defects, and refers findings to manufacturing facilitators for correction.
- Reviews and approves solutions or refers unacceptable responses to Quality Supervisor for further action.
- Acts as final checkpoint for finished goods prior to being shipped to customer or end user.
- Trains other employees in Quality Control processes and procedures.
- Ensures parts conform to customer quality standards. Moves parts to workstation for inspection, as necessary.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Quality Supervisor
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Has developed expertise in function, typically through a combination of job-related training and extensive work experience.
- Completes task in a resourceful manner using specialized skill.
- Works on assignments of non-routine nature.
- Determines methods and procedures on newly introduced assignments.
- May be an informal team leader.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 6+ years experience in a relevant Jabil production position.
- Advanced PC Skills and training and experience in applicable software packages.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.