The Risk & Assurance Senior Auditor assists in the development and execution of audit plans; leads and manages projects through planning, fieldwork and reporting phases, coordinates schedules and people, allocates time to activities, budgets, and manages the execution of audits and project reviews with audit clients, site, regional, and global Managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manage and perform individual Risk & Assurance projects as part of the overall audit plan.
· Determine scope, develop audit programs, and coordinate activities and communication with audit clients and management.
· Assign testing responsibilities to other project members, and monitor the audit communicating progress, obstacles, and issues to management on an as-needed basis.
· Establish project plans with clear scope, key milestones, resources, and interdependencies, with clearly defined roles & responsibilities.
· Execute project plans and act resourcefully to ensure that work is completed within specified time and quality parameters.
· Continuously monitor the progress of the fieldwork for each job assigned against the estimated plan.
· Discuss findings with audit clients and obtain timely and proper feedback of the findings prior to finalization of fieldwork.
· Resolve issues knowing when it is necessary to escalate and/or involve management.
· Create and maintain detailed work papers that can be relied upon by external auditors and require few revisions.
· Prepare audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed.
· Perform follow up on the status of previously identified issues.
· Assist Risk & Assurance Management with periodic reporting to the Audit Committee.
· Assist in the development of the annual audit plan, championing internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the business.
· May review the work performed by other Risk& Assurance personnel and/or resources from co-sourcing firms.
· Monitor and maintain general knowledge of related regulatory and/or compliance issues.
· Train and educate other Risk & Assurance auditors in knowledge of audits using the COSO and/or CobIT framework.
· Elevate real and emerging business control issues/problems to the Risk & Assurance Management and/or the Risk & Assurance Vice President.
· Use a range of tools and techniques to analyze internal / external data.
· Seek tools and technologies both inside and outside the organization in order to enhance the ease and timeliness of data collection, analysis, testing and reporting.
· Possess a strong understanding for the roles and processes of other functional departments as well as their progressive initiatives.
· Identify and properly communicate any conflicts that may result from working with other departments.
· Ability to travel internationally.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company’s various administrative policies including, but not limited to security and non-disclosure policies.
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Proficiency in applying internal audit standards, procedures, and techniques to ensure proper planning, execution and documentation of the audit work and findings developed.
· Proficiency in accounting principles and techniques (auditors working financial based audits) or proficient in IT applications and in-house software (for auditing of the IT environment), or other specialty areas (security, fraud investigation, etc)
· Proficiency with the Microsoft Office and Teammate suite of products.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXAMPLE BEHAVIOR(S)
· DELEGATE: Able to clearly assign responsibility and authority for tasks to appropriately selected individuals or teams; Able to remove obstacles to administration and / or execution; Able to allow for and contribute needed resources.
· FOLLOW-UP: Able to monitor and evaluate progress of assignments / projects
· ORGANIZE: Able to assemble appropriate resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; Able to manage multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish goals; Able to schedule and coordinate work of others; Able to establish efficient work procedures to meet objectives; Able to form the right structures and teams to enhance productivity.
· PLAN: Able to develop short- and long-term operational and / or financial plans that are appropriately comprehensive, realistic, and effective in achieving goals; Able to anticipate obstacles and define alternate strategies; Able to integrate planning efforts across work units
· INFORM: Able to keep all appropriate parties up-to-date on decisions, changes and other relevant information
· LISTEN: Able to actively listen and convey understanding of the comments and questions of others; Able to understand the situations, viewpoints and feelings of others before expressing own view
· SPEAK COMPETENTLY: Able to speak clearly and concisely; Able to use appropriate vocabulary for the audience; Able to get point across unambiguously and check for understanding.
· QUESTION: Able to use effective fact-finding techniques to discover all relevant information, Able to ask questions that are not leading or biased, Able to challenge assumptions
· BE STRAIGHTFORWARD: Able to communicate directly (to-the-point) and rely on fact-based positions; Able to avoid the use of ambiguous language or statements that contain hidden or double meanings.
· WRITE PROFICIENTLY: Able to convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents; Able to write in a well-organized and concise, yet complete, format; Able to use vocabulary appropriate for the audience; Able to constructively review and edit the written work of others.
· COLLOBORATE: Able to act as part of a larger team outside of the immediate department or group; Able to understand the importance of working with peers in other areas or management to reach "best practice" solutions for the organization; Able to inform and seek information to anticipate and consider the impact of decisions or actions on the overall organization
· MAINTAIN COMPOSURE: Able to stay calm and even-tempered when handling a crisis or stressful situations; Able to recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations or adverse conditions
· RESOLVE CONFLICTS: Able to bring conflict into the open and use it productively to enhance the quality of decisions; Able to arrive at constructive solutions while maintaining positive working relationships with those who disagree; Able to help others resolve disputes and reach agreement
· FACILITATE GROUP DISCUSSIONS: Able to use effective communication methods and interpersonal behaviors to guide a group toward objectives; Able to help groups define objectives and strategy, stay on task, and reach consensus; Able to solicit participation, challenge ideas, and summarize accomplishments and planned actions.
· ACT WITH INTEGRITY: Able to demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles; Able to demonstrate honesty in all actions; Able to admit and correct mistakes promptly; Able to assume full responsibility and accountability for own actions.
· BE PERSONALLY PRODUCTIVE: Able to use own time efficiently and avoid wasting time; Able to organize work with realistic priorities for self and others; Able to demonstrate stamina to sustain effort over a period of time; Able to set high but realistic standards for self; Able to produce a high volume of work; Able to balance personal and work commitments to maintain "personal best" conditions.
· BE RESOURCEFUL: Able to be willing to adapt to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity, and rapid change; Able to develop new approaches to work systems or problem-solving; Able to maximize use of available resources to achieve the best results consistent with company objectives; Able to know who to go to and make use of others' expertise.
· DELIVER QUALITY RESULTS: Able to deliver top quality service to all customers (internal and external); Able to ensure all details are covered and adhere to Jabil’s policies; Able to strive to do things right the first time; Able to meet agreed-upon commitments or advises customer when deadlines are jeopardized; Able to define high standards for quality and evaluate
products, services, and own performance against those standards.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Information Technology, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
· Minimum 5 years related work experience to include progressively more responsible duties relating to audit, accounting, finance and operations.
· CISA, CPA, CIA, or equivalent.