The Sr. Manager of Logistics Solutions is responsible for establishing and delivering differentiated end-to-end supply chain solutions to Jabil’s internal business units and external customers. Core to the role is being part of a team that manages Jabil’s solutions which give customers, business units and functional areas visibility into their supply chain along with analytics and decision support in the areas of End to end Visibility, Logistics Analytics, Supply & Demand, Operations, Consumer Intelligence and Supplier Management.
The Sr. Manager of Logistics Solutions will provide thought leadership in a number of disciplines as well as own the solution process, work closely with business units, customers and functional leads, convert requirements for the development teams, and deliver solutions to the end users.
The position will act as an internal and external consultant regarding Jabil’s Supply Chain logistics capabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide and facilitate thought leadership in support of developing new and differentiated logistics capabilities
-Lead cross functional experts within Jabil (trade compliance, tax, logistics, hubbing, warehousing, manufacturing and services, ect.) to ensure a holistic competitive supply chain solution
· Lead product demonstrations to customers, business units and any other stakeholders
· Interface with the functional business teams to conceptualize and build valuable logistics solutions, products and services
· Interface with the customers, business units, functional and divisional leads to understand and translate pain points to ultimately drive maximum service level to the customer
o Work with cross functional experts to collect data for validation, analysis and KPI identification.
o Create work flow documents to assist training and development for all users.
· Contribute to overall SCM team productivity & improvement.
· Understand the Solution & Development progress of the services with Business Development as well as IT
· Develop solutions & marketing documentation and all other collateral related to the solutions & services
· Provide training and coaching to the user community to ensure the most efficient use of solutions, products and services
o Reduce the need to run multiple reports covering similar topics.
· Facilitate value creation with the customers and business units by interpreting the actions derived from solutions, products and services
· Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of Jabil’s Supply Chain capabilities and tools.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Clearly communicate all dashboard updates to the SCM group as necessary.
- Drive Ad Hoc reporting requirements from SCM Sr Management.
- Transition Ad Hoc reports into automated processes to cover future requirements.
· Ensure analysis accuracy and consistency.
- Fully understand the needs of these requests to develop validation rules and key actions that will drive improvements.
- Work with data owners as required, identifying data discrepancies & maintaining validation rules.
· Ensure deadlines are clearly defined, communicated and achieved.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
· Highly creative, inventive and innovative
· Strong functional knowledge of supply chain, logistics, warehousing and manufacturing operations
· Excellent knowledge of MRP (Material Requirements Planning) & TMS (Transportation Management Systems) and short/long term material/production planning
· Strong knowledge of supply chain systems, data technologies and processes
· Customer facing with excellent presentation skills
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration
· Minimum of 10 years experience in a supply chain or manufacturing environment with extensive experience working in the area of supply chain solutions
· Experience working directly with the internal business units and/or external customers