Responsible for managing injection mold projects through quoting, mold design, construction, debugging, process development, and qualification. Participate in development programs with part and mold design reviews as they relate to Design for Manufacture (DFM)/ Design for Assembly (DFA) and mold configuration. Ensure smooth hand-off from New Product Introduction (NPI) Team to Commercial Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manage various aspects of mold development including, but not limited to; design reviews, fabrication and qualification related to prototype, pilot molds, and high volume production tools.
· Act as a tooling lead by participating in part design reviews as they relate to manufacturability and tool viability.
· Provide technical input for communications between project team, tooling vendors, and customers.
· Development of program driven mold specifications and solicitation of quotes from tooling vendors. Preparation of purchase requisitions and order placement within the purchasing systems.
· Provide tooling cost estimates in support of assigned RFQ's.
· Manage integration of customer expectations/requirements in the areas of mold design, cavitation, prototyping and Moldflow analysis.
· Assist with mold supplier evaluations for the Approved Supplier List.
· Manage tooling designs to conform to Jabil Healthcare's established standards.
· Support development of part handling and metrology requirements and the requisite tooling and fixtures.
· Drive cost savings through root cause analysis and continuous improvement projects.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
· 10+ years of experience with mold design, mold manufacturing, and/or procurement.
· Hands-on experience working on injection molds: preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, measurement, modifications, etc.
· Proficiency with ProENGINEER and/or SolidWorks.
· Microsoft Office base knowledge; Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.
· Experience running injection molding machines (startup/shutdown, process development, debug) preferred, but not required.