Coordination and installation of IT servers. Design, build, optimize and maintain servers. Conduct business process analyses and needs assessments to align information technology solutions with business initiatives. A technical resource for small scale projects as well as escalated problem records, requests, and incidents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Design, optimize, and maintain servers and ensure that operational uptimes are met or exceeded.
· Recommend system standards, processes and procedures.
· Deploy systems following established standards, processes and procedures.
· Monitor system uptime.
· Document failures and corrective action taken.
· Make recommendations for long-term solutions.
· Ensure that all aspects of servers can be monitored and managed locally and remotely.
· Design, develop, and deploy cost-effective solutions.
· Perform periodic system performance reviews and trend analysis.
· Maintain and develop documentation for responsible area.
· Maintain a thorough knowledge and in-depth field experience regarding emerging or job technologies required to fulfill the job. This could include formal or self paced professional development.
· Prepare project plans and schedules.
· Provide status updates of assigned projects.
· Provide on call support.
· Serve as escalation point for troubleshooting issues.
· Monitor asset inventory.
· Perform periodic license audits.
· Administer network hardware.
· Recommend/conduct training.
· Maintain positive relations with all employees encouraging them to suggest ways of improving IT systems.
· Maintain a good working relationship with customers and vendors.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all IT and department policy, processes and procedures.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
· Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
· Proficient and knowledgeable in all areas related to the IT department functions.
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems.
· Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
· Dependable and conscientious in all work performed.
EDUCATION AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Associate degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems preferred
Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience
Or equivalent education and experience.
Ability to work additional hours as needed. Ability to travel.