Drive continuous improvement in operational metrics while maximizing profitability within the business unit. Drive team to exceed customer expectations. Provide exceptional support to customers, team members and shareholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Identify people requirements that meet the needs of the Workcell and the customer/product (i.e. # of ME’s, QE’s, TE’s, IE’s)
· Communicate people requirements to Functional Managers (FM).
· Identify key factors in team member turnover that can be improved and make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Coach and mentor Workcell team members daily to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Provide ongoing feedback to Functional Managers on team member’s contribution to the Workcell.
· Express pride in team and encourage members of the Workcell to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and in the achievement of the customer and Workcell goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are recommended fairly and consistently in the Workcell to Function Managers.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the workcell.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from Workcell team.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
· Act as a communication link between the Business Unit and Operations Unit.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
· Define, develop and implement a customer/workcell strategy that contributes to the campus strategic directions.
· Develop an understanding of the Functional business strategies as they pertain to the workcell/customer.
· Provide regular updates to the Function Manager, Business Unit Manager, and Assistant Operations Manager on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify resource requirements that meet the needs of the workcell and the customer/product (i.e. machines, lines, visuals).
· Communicate resource requirements to Function Managers.
· Develop the monthly business unit forecast with the Business Unit Manager.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor department cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to Business Unit Manager and Assistant Operations Manager on costs and cost trends.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
· Prepare timely forecasts for the workcell.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
· Complete variance of actual results versus the forecast on time and communicate results to Business Unit Manger, Assistant Operations Manager, Operations Manager and Workcell Team.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Train the workcell teams on the validity of management by metrics and with the team monitor all workcell metrics.
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Lead by example.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other in-house units and Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Review all internal and external business plans, process changes, and personnel changes related to Workcell. Influence win/win outcome on unreasonable demands and bad plans.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
EDUCATION AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Five years experience, one year in a supervisory role
Or equivalent combination of education and experience
The anticipated pay range for this role is $79,143 - $150,117. A competitive salary will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the selected applicant, as well as internal equity and alignment with salary market data. As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a bonus based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan; and paid time off.